pdf save error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved pdf save error

I've been using irfanview for years with no problem. PC Win7 Home, Irfanview 451x64. For the last 2 weeks, however, when I capture an image with PrintScreen, then open it in Irfanview, modify it or not, then Save As -> filename, the program responds 'PDF save error' and as far as I can tell nothing is saved. This happens whether the captured image was a PDF or anything else on the screen and whether I modified it or not in Irvanview. So I updated to 453X64 and tested again--same result. So I downdated to 451X32 and the program works as it always has in the past. There is no information under Help or here on the forum for subject 'pdf.' Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. davhaynes

Works fine here in 4.53 32-bit and 64-bit. What PDF Plugin options have you selected?

Click image for larger version

Name:	PDF Plugins.png
Views:	1
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	83321
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

davhayes by PM

I tried to post the following to your helpful suggestion, but the program told me to refresh the screen and login. Since I was logged in I have no idea what to do, but I saw that I could send you a private message. So that's what I'm doing.
      Thanks so much for your note. I was not aware of the program's plugins, but I looked around and found it (searching Help for pdf or plug in both returned no documents; one must search on plugins). Anyway I decided to try it, so I uninstalled 451x32 and installed 453x64. But before downloading the pdf plugin, I tried saving a printscreen image and it worked. So while I didn't have to use my new knowledge, I am perfectly satisfied with the result. Thanks again, David
      Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 07.09.2019, 09:40 PM.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

When I tried opening plug-in options, I received the following message

Comment

Working...
        X