Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Print Output Different Than Image Dimensions! Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Print Output Different Than Image Dimensions! Why?

I am a big video gamer, especially for Xbox. The size of an Xbox game cover is 10.85" x 7.22". I can find images of cover art in most instances and adjust them in IrfanView. However, whenever I print the file out, it is always smaller than what I set the dimensions for. And on the printer UX, there is a section in the lower right corner that says this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	UX.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	85251

As you can see, it shows the dimensions in centimetres and in inches. But the inches show as 10.22" x 6.83" --- and I cannot find anywhere to change that "output" to the correct ones that I need. Therefore, it always prints too small.

Is this an IrfanView issue or a Windows issue? I've been wracking my brain trying to fix this.

Jim
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 14.09.2019, 09:01 PM. Reason: Fixed typos

Use Original Image DPI

Click image for larger version

Name:	Original Image DPI.png
Views:	1
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	83324
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      Use Original Image DPI

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5649[/ATTACH]
      THANK YOU! However, when I click that box, the dimensions show the original size version, not the edited size of 10.84" x 7.22" --- so I changed the dimensions, click the box and IT still shows the "original" smaller size. What am I doing wrong?
      Attached Files

Comment

Open the Image information to check the DPI.

My image is 200 DPI, and the width is 1444 pixels = 7.22"
        Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 15.09.2019, 04:37 AM.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
        X