Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zip-Usershow to install/run exe and installing plugins. where is resp.readme?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Zip-Usershow to install/run exe and installing plugins. where is resp.readme?

After explorer-crashes in winxp icons enabled-i did everything to cure this but nothing helped. so the last solution would be reinstallation. deinstallation made with revo portable.
    now decided for the first time not using the installer.
    Where are zip-installations-instructions. readme leads a different workaround.
    Why is this english at irfanview-forum.de?
    Thanks a lot

There is a German forum if you prefer to use German. The forum's admin is German, that is why the domain is named irfanview-forum.de

readme.txt - Information for IrfanView ZIP users

*** IMPORTANT INFO !!! ***

Please start IrfanView and call (once) any of the dialogs:

- Properties (P), or
    - File->Open (O), or
    - File->Save As (S), or
    - Batch (B)

to convert/set IrfanView INI file to UNICODE mode !

If the INI file is not converted to Unicode, some of the options (like filenames, paths or text options) may NOT be saved properly and the feature may not be working as expected.
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 22.09.2019, 08:14 PM.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

English is ok. I german forum: no answer...
      But i will execute next time what readme is telling me....
      What must be done with plugins? moved to plugins-folder right?
      Dont see an advantage to use zip-file(instead of exe) on next update, do you?
      wouldnt it be wise of IV would tell during installation that it should be done with admin-rights?

Comment

Yes, install the plugins in the plugins folder. I always use the *.exe file. Some people prefer to use zip as they don't trust executables. If you have 7-Zip, you can examine the contents of the executable by opening it before running it.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

yes thats what i thought about the exe.
          but please replace the read-me-instruction. its not precise what must be done. thanks
          i see five folders and a lot of commands and more.

Comment

Working...
          X