Sudden conflict of keyboard shortcut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Sudden conflict of keyboard shortcut

I've used both IrfanView and Snagit for decades. But today a very surprising conflict has arisen.

I use the Snagit shortcut Shift+Ctrl+C in any application which then lets me drag the mouse cursor and copy that rectangle to the clipboard, for pasting anywhere.

But suddenly, if I use that shortcut on an IrfanView image, a highly magnified small square pops up. I have to right and left click a few times to remove it. This only happens in IrfaView.

Examining the KB shortcuts I note (for the first time in all these years) that Shift+Ctrl+C is apparently supposed to assign the current image as my wallpaper. That does not occur, just as it has never occurred in the past. Nor do I ever anticipate wanting to use that operation. (But there is no way to disable it I gather, from reading previous posts here.)

I also see that there is an IrfanView KB shortcut for magnifying: Ctrl+Shift+Mouse move, to "Show magnifier window". It seem that Ctrl+Shift+C is somehow now also triggering this!

Any suggestions on fixing this would be much appreciated please.

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

The Magnifier is a new feature in IrfanView 4.53. Don't know why, since Windows has a magnifier too.
    Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.66/64
    Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

Thank you. Unfortunately I gather it cannot be disabled, otherwise I'd remove the magnifier.

I've discovered that I can work around the conflict by ensuring I first click in the image window title before using Ctrl+Shift+C. But it's an annoyance, as I use that shortcut many scores of times daily and am used to being able to apply it anywhere without problems.

Which was the last version before the magnifier was added? I may revert to that.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryP View Post
        Which was the last version before the magnifier was added? I may revert to that.
        If I remember rightly, it was IrfanView 4.52.

Right-click is sufficient to remove the zoom rectangle.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
        X