Can't Install Irfanview!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Can't Install Irfanview!

I used Irfanview for years when my computer ran on Windows 7. I recently upgraded to Win 10 (64 bit) and find myself unable to install this wonderful program. I download the executable, click on it, follow the usual prompts, and am told that it has been installed. But there's nothing there except an empty folder! This happens every time I try.

I am running Windows Defender, Windows Firewall, and MalWareBytes (free version). All show as "turned on." Is one of them blocking Irfanview, and if so, how do I turn it off?

Or is there something else I haven't done or ought to do?

Thank you!
    Last edited by Oldpilot; 27.10.2019, 02:43 PM. Reason: (since uninstalled F-Prot anti-virus and added MalWareBytes

I have no experience with Win10 yet, but what comes to mind is the question whether you ran the installer as admin?

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

You could try right clicking on the installer and selecting "Run as administrator"

Comment

What is the installation path in the Installation dialogue?
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Okay, problem solved. I had no option to Run as Admin until the software was downloaded, but of course it never downloaded (though it did create a folder for Irfanview). With Windows 7, I always had an option upon starting the computer whether to log in as Amin or a mere User, but Win 10 doesn't give me that option -- it always accepts me as User. But with your hint, I went online and found how (at last!) how to switch from User to Admin. Downloaded the software, thanks, and it's working fine now that I am back to being User again. (Seems safer that way.)

Comment

Working...
          X