File Integrity Checking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

File Integrity Checking

Firstly, let me thank you for such a handy piece of software. It has saved me countless hours. Thank You.

Now, a question. Occasionally, when I attempt to import photos into Photoshop Elements (PSE) Organizer, I will open a dialog listing files that were not imported into the PSE catalog usually because of one or two errors. One listed error are words to the effect - "the file is not a supported file or the file is corrupted". When I attempt to open the file with Infanview I receive a warning that the file has been corrupted or is in a format that doesn't match the file extension - i.e. it is actually a .TIF file with the .JPG extension - or vice versa. This is a very useful feature, but I was wondering if I could run this file integrity check on a batch of files from the command-line or from the GUI? I have over 20,000 photos and I know that this problem is lurking in more than one or two files. Is this a function that could possibly be added to future versions. Ideally, one could execute this function from the GUI as a batch function that would offer to create a corrected copy that could be confirmed by the user and then the "corrupted" file deleted.

Thanks again for all your exceptional work!

Tinker

I'd also like this feature. IrvanView already has the option to change the extension to match the file format, but it is a one at a time option. Being able to do a whole folder at once would be very handy.

Comment

Working...
    X