Outlining Text

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outlining Text

I see in the "Insert Text" options there is an checkbox for "outline 1" and "outline 2". I have a few questions I cannot find answers to anywhere:
    1. Outline 1 - Does this do anything? I think I might see a very thin outline maybe a pixel or so. If this is working, Is there anyway to make it more visible (thicker)
    2. Outline 2 - I cannot find any references to this anyplace nor can I find any use of it. Is this ever used for anything? If so, what?
    3. Are there any plugins available that have configurable outlined fonts?
    Thanks
    Tom

Try outline 2 on a dark background. The paint plug-in can be used to insert text, but it is not very versatile.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by tlogan View Post
      3. Are there any plugins available that have configurable outlined fonts?
      Thanks
      Tom
      Hi Tom,

you may find this 32bit plugin helpful: Graphic Spell

(see also this post in the plugins sub-forum)

example:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	iv_GS.png
Views:	1
Size:	254.4 KB
ID:	83344
      Last edited by jazzman; 25.11.2019, 06:52 PM. Reason: added screenshot

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

Thanks for info
        I played around and got that working. That is closer to what I was thinking, I'll play around with it some more and see what I can get it ti do
        Tom

Comment

I think my reply was lost somehow. Thanks for quick response. My 'Ouline 2" is grayed out and it seems no matter what I select or check it's still grayed out. Can you tell me the exact settings you have on various parameters to get that checkbox enabled?
          I tried Paint but it was a little lacking I thought also
          Tom

Comment

Enable text transparency. Background can be transparent or not.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Outline 2.png
Views:	1
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	83345
            Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by jazzman View Post

you may find this 32bit plugin helpful: Graphic Spell

(see also this post in the plugins sub-forum)
              I tried that (Irfanview 4.57 - 32 bit). Took a while getting the files in the right folder. It worked sporadically the first day, but I never produced text I was happy with and lcating it was even more difficult. The next day it did not work at all. After Ctrl-K I got the IrfanView - Adobe 8BF Filters window, but when I double clicked JazzMan's Graphic Spell... nothing happened. It used to load before. The only thing I had done before was run Microsoft Security Essentials, which found a Trojan, which I deleted. What happened?

Meanwhile, I played around with IrfanView's Insert Text function and was able to produce outlined text by using Outline 1 and setting the border size.

Comment

Working...
              X