X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Mass conversion of entire directories

Hello everyone

What I miss in irfanview is the possibility of mass conversion of entire directories with images in such a way that irfanview builds the same directory structure after conversion. If he simultaneously created a thumbnail from the first photo, it would be an ideal program.
    This function is salutary for me because I will soon have to convert over 500 directories with scans. Manual conversion will probably take several years .

greetings
    Igorioo

Originally posted by igorioo View Post
    This function is salutary for me because I will soon have to convert over 500 directories with scans. Manual conversion will probably take several years .

greetings
    Igorioo
    Better get started then. It might take several years for the feature request to get implemented.

You could probably work around the problem to make it less labour intensive. Maybe someone will suggest a command line script or a *.bat file to make the conversion semi-automatic.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Have you tried to activate the checkbox include subfolders for the "add all" button in the Batch dialogue?

(According to the IV help this option won't work in command line mode)

Click image for larger version

Name:	ív_subf.png
Views:	1
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	83351
      Last edited by jazzman; 13.12.2019, 04:27 PM.

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

Originally posted by jazzman View Post
        Have you tried to activate the checkbox include subfolders for the "add all" button in the Batch dialogue?
        If I remember rightly that only collects images from subfolders, it does not generate the folder structure for output, but dumps all of the converted folders into a single folder.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
          Better get started then. It might take several years for the feature request to get implemented.
          I don't have that much time

You could probably work around the problem to make it less labour intensive. Maybe someone will suggest a command line script or a *.bat file to make the conversion semi-automatic.
          I did so too. The bash script did the whole thing in a few hours!

Comment

Working...
          X