This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no bug Slow Opening of JPG Images from Double-click

I get long loading times when opening pictures by double-clicking on them (6sec for 4MB jpg, 5sec for 124KB jpg, 6sec for 4.55KB png). Dragging-and-dropping the files into an already opened IrfanView window opens the files instantly. Also, going to the next picture in the same folder is instant. The delay only occurs with closed IrfanView. Opening IrfanView from startmenu without a picture takes way less than a second. Loading time is the same even when the folder only contains one image. Loading time in irfanview for the png shows 0 milliseconds...

Windows 10 1909
    IrfanView 4.54 64-bit with plugins

Issue also present in 4.53 and 4.51 (without plugins). Something must have changed other than the IrfanView version, I am sure the loading times were not so high before updating to 4.54

Edit: 16GB RAM, more than 8GB available. Color management disabled. Other image viewers open instantly, so it probably is no hard drive issue
    Last edited by Scunkaneli; 16.12.2019, 09:11 PM.

No problem here. You seem to be using a Windows Insider versions. Maybe that is the cause?

Try opening files from different folders.
    Disable Antivirus.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

No Windows Insider, it's the latest Windows 10 from the stable release channel.

Happens on different folders, even on different HDDs and my SSD too. Disabling Windows Defender does not change the loading time.

I am going to completely reinstall IrfanView. Maybe the issue will fix itself tomorrow after rebooting?

Comment

I performed the Feature Update to 1909, but no change. JPG files still load in 132 milliseconds from double-click without any noticeable delay.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Surprisingly, after the night (incl. reboot) the issue is not present anymore. I will report back if it occurs another time

Comment

Working...
          X