Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixed WEBP plugin is broken

IrfanView 4.54 32-bit,
    WEBP.DLL version 4.54 32-bit, size 255*488 bytes, SHA1: 8E26001F45541FD92AD284184ACEB1DB2A311A84

Error message:

---------------------------
    IrfanView
    c:\Documents and Settings\PC\Local settings\Temp\f_000018.webp : Decode error !

Can't load PlugIn: "WEBP.DLL" !
    Please install or update PlugIns from IrfanView homepage
    and/or
    enable the PlugIn in 'Help->PlugIns' menu.
    (32 bit)

Info in 'Help->PlugIns' menu shows
    * version: Unknown
    * Info/Formats: Unknown (maybe 64-bit)

Previous version (4.51) works OK with the same webp image.
    Andrzej P. Woźniak

No problem here. Can you load any other WebP images? If so, then we need the specific image for testing.

This is my webp.dll for 4.54

Click image for larger version

Name:	Webp DLL.png
Views:	1
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	83354
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Hi,
      your WEBP.DLL is okay, mine has the same SHA1 Hashcode. So probably the image is somehow broken.
      Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.66/64
      Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

What is your operating system? The newly compiled plugins are no longer compatible with WinXP/2003, and have dependencies in KERNEL32 for InitializeCriticalSectionEx, InitializeConditionVariable, WakeConditionVariable, SleepConditionVariableCS.

WebP images save and load if I rename those imports with GetExitCodeThread (a fix for another problem where the imported functions were known to be unused), although the File-Open preview crashes.

They should remove XP from the list of supported systems on www.irfanview.com.

Comment

Originally posted by j7n View Post
          They should remove XP from the list of supported systems on www.irfanview.com.
          I don't think that is necessary as long as a standard installation without the extra plugins still works on XP.

I noticed that the Plugins page still lists WebP.dll 4.51. Perhaps that page should state that some plugins do not work on XP? Have you emailed Irfan Skiljan about this issue?
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by j7n View Post
            I rename those imports with GetExitCodeThread ... although the File-Open preview crashes.
            Adapted for Windows XP/2k3 WebP 4.54 plugin. Insufficient tested, use it at your own risk.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by FalseMaster; 04.05.2020, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Thank you! Do you have an idea why there is a delay with cpu usage before thumbnails come back corrupted in the thumbnails view?

Comment

j7n
                I could not reproduce such thing and regrettably don't have an answer.

Comment

At last!
                  32-bit plugin version 4.59 works in Windows XP again. Whoever did it, many, many thanks!
                  The updated plugin is available on IV plugins page:
                  Andrzej P. Woźniak

Comment

Working...
                  X