Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Implemented Online version of Irfanview

Will this ever happen?

I don't know, but probably not. IrfanView is portable and can be carried around on a USB stick. To have an online version requires a server, which is an on-going cost. Perhaps a third-party might ask for permission to use IrfanView as an online editor, but privacy is always a potential problem with a web site.

Why do you need this?
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Because I am scrapping my Windows PC and going all Chrome OS. How do you put IFV on a USB stick? Can you put it on a portable hard drive like a Seagate?

Comment

From the FAQ on the IrfanView site:

Q: Is there a portable IrfanView version (for USB sticks, CDs etc.)?
        A: Yes, EVERY IrfanView version is portable. You can:
        1. Copy your existing/installed IrfanView folder to USB stick (recommended), or
        2. Use the normal installer and install IrfanView to an USB stick folder, or
        3. Use the ZIP version and unzip to a USB stick folder.
        (Note: the ZIP version of IrfanView is always available on the website link Other download sites at the bottom of the page).
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Tried it on my Seagate drive, it said only works with Windows. I am using Chrome OS.

Comment

Try a search. Apparently, there are already several online versions of IrfanView

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=use+irfanview+online&t=vivaldi&ia=web

I have no idea whether any of these services are safe to use. Do your own checks and read the Terms of Service for any site that you use.
            Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 23.12.2019, 06:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by brinkeguthrie View Post
              I am using Chrome OS.
              You might want to have a look at Wine or CrossOver from Codeweaver, if one of these is working with COS.
              Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.66/64
              Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

Working...
              X