Thread: Batch Conversion+Rename Result causing gain/loss of focus while running

IV Newbie
    OS
    64-bit Win 10
    CPU Cores

Default Batch Conversion+Rename Result causing gain/loss of focus while running

I am having an issue where when converting and then renaming the resulting images it will cause the batch conversion to lose and regain focus constantly, leading to my mouse being unusable while a conversion runs. I have this happen with both the 32 and 64 bit versions of 4.54.

I did notice that when using either the conversion only or renaming only I did not have the issue occur. I've uploaded some images of the relevant windows with the settings I use. When converting without renaming I also have to check the overwrite existing files due to my needs, but normally it is unchecked. I also tested and had the problem occur when on the same drive or different drives than the program.

If this is an issue I can correct, I would greatly appreciate any guidance on it. If not I hope it is a bug that is reproducible. Let me know if I've forgotten any relevant information.

W10 Pro 64bit

Hardware:
    Ryzen 3700X and 32 GB Ram

Software:
    Irfanview 4.54 64bit and 32bit

Settings:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	G9DvjdL.png 
Views:	17 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	5708Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rkqbZxh.png 
Views:	15 
Size:	16.7 KB 
ID:	5709Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nLBGXpp.png 
Views:	11 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	5707
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 22.12.2019 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Uploaded Images to Forum

Moderator Enterprise User Bhikkhu Pesala's Avatar
    OS
    64-bit Win 10
    CPU Cores

It is more convenient for helpers if the image are included in the post, so I uploaded them for you. Images often disappear from image sharing sites, or one needs to accept cookies and see advertisements.

Your batch dialogue does not include any files. Add the files first, then Start the Batch operation.

I could not reproduce the problem.

IV Newbie
    OS
    64-bit Win 10
    CPU Cores

With the settings I have pictured any image I add and then use the batch convert and rename together will cause the behavior I describe to happen. If its unable to be reproduced then I doubt I'll be able to really report this then. Are there any log files I could upload that may point to the cause?

Moderator Enterprise User Bhikkhu Pesala's Avatar
    OS
    64-bit Win 10
    CPU Cores

Maybe wait a few days to see if anyone else can reproduce it. Then, if you can reproduce it send a bug report to Irfan Skiljan and let us know what he says so that I can update the thread's status.

Thread Information