Disable screen/computer sleep during slideshow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rejected Disable screen/computer sleep during slideshow

My PC is set to sleep the screen after 5 minutes, but obviously while playing a slideshow this should be bypassed.

This little program is what you need http://www.softwareok.com/?seite=Microsoft/DontSleep
    Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.66/64
    Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

Well that's a workaround I guess, but it still seems like it should be a "by default" feature of a slideshow viewer

Comment

I agree, Kilrah. PowerPoint and other applications can put a computer into "Presentation Mode" where the screen saver and computer lock/sleep are disabled during the presentation. Irfanview's slideshow should have this capability (even if it cheats by just wiggling the mouse while also hiding the cursor or keeping it off-screen). If no one has any strong objections, I'd like to forward this request. I haven't seen any activity on this thread one way or the other in 6+ months.

Comment

By all means forward the feature request. Let us know what Irfan Skiljan says and I will update the thread again.
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

This feature request has been denied.

In the case of the system screen lock/sleep, Irfan's exact words were:
            "
            Sorry, this (Lock/Sleep) option is an important system option ... I don't like to change it from IrfanView, it could be too dangerous ;-)
            If you want this, you can use create some simple script (REG file etc.) to change it before you start a program.
            "

This would hold true regardless of whether this is set manually in a home environment as the screen sleep option or whether it is being enforced in a domain environment with a GPO for system screen lock.

In the case of the system screensaver, that functionality has already been included. Irfanview will disable the system screensaver automatically when a slideshow starts.
            Irfan's comments:
            "
            It calls in slideshow mode:
            SystemParametersInfo, SPI_SETSCREENSAVEACTIVE => FALSE, means disable screensaver.
            and it enables it back when you close slideshow.
            => added years ago.
            "

Comment

Thank you for letting us know. I have updated the thread’s status.
              Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
              X