Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no bug Adding pics for batch conversion

Hello!
    I found a small bug in the batch conversion window: the Add button does not work if only one image file is selected, and it works if two or more image files are selected.
    I'm running Irfanview 4.54 - 64 bit on Windows 10.

Cheers

Unable to confirm here. The add button works for one image. It does not work if the image is already in the list, which is as expected.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I recorded a video to show this little problem. I reproduce the bug on two different PCs.

Comment

If you can find a reliable recipe to reproduce the bug, send a bug report to Irfan Skiljan (see Help, About IrfanView for his email).

In details view I reproduced it once or twice, but not afterwards.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thank you so much for your reply, I will send the bug report by email.

Comment

Thanks. Let us know what he says and I will update the tread's status.

Comment

Hello!
              I received the email reply from the IrfanView developer: the problem has been known for more than 15 years and described in the FAQ https://www.irfanview.com/faq.htm#PAGE3

Q: Problem: The Add button in the slideshow / batch dialog won't add the selected file to the file list.
              A: There is a Windows Explorer "feature": Hide file extensions for known file types. Please deactivate this default (and useless) Explorer option to show files with their real names and extensions!

He told me it's not a bug, and I jokingly replied that I wouldn't know what to call it since in Italy it is said that "if it's not soup it's wet bread" )

Thanks again for your support,

Cheers
              Last edited by Gruko; 04.01.2020, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Thank you for your reply. I updated the thread's status. Since my Windows Explorer is set to show hidden files, I do not have this bug in my soup.

Comment

Working...
                X