Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error: "Can't add page 'C:\test198.jpg' to result file !"

Hello everybody!

I tried to create a multipage pdf from ~ 900 jpg files with a total size of ~ 400 MB.

PDF save options: Click image for larger version

Name:	PDF save options.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	85274

I tried the 32bit (+command line) and 64bit versions with newest updates and plugins (Version 4.54). The program stopps always before finishing it's task with the following Error:
    Error: "Can't add page 'C:\test198.jpg' to result file !" (filnumbers are always different i. e. test156.jpg or test372.jpg etc.)

Could someone please help me to fix this?

Kind regards
    dkks
    Last edited by dkks; 02.01.2020, 10:52 PM.

Have you tried from the Create multipage PDF dialogue? I managed to create a PDF of 236 Mbytes with 521 images using 32-bit IrfanView. An error message showed for one unsupported file type, but the PDF was fine.

If you're using a commandline with many filenames IrfanView may not be able to allocate enough space to buffer them all.
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 03.01.2020, 12:13 PM.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Hi Bhikkhu Pesala!
      Thank you for your response. Yes, I tried from the "Create multipage PDF" dialogue" about 15-20 times without success, the commandline was my last desperate try. Amazingly now, just a few minutes ago I tried again a new installation, and it worked
      But there ist still something strange (I forgot to write in my post):
      It's only possible to add 742 pictures at once (in the multipage PDF dialogue), for what reason?
      Kind regards
      dkks

Comment

Try renaming files to 0001.jpg, 0002,jpg, etc., and see if the shorter filenames allows more files to be added. I suspect that IrfanView has to assign some memory to buffer the file names.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Ok, I will try at the weekend. Thank you!

Comment

I wonder if this problem is related to cannot add files to batch dialogue. Try enabling view hidden files in Windows Explorer.

Comment

Working...
            X