v4.54 cannot browse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v4.54 cannot browse

I just upgraded to 4.54 64-bit. Now when I open a file in a folder with more of the same kind of files (jpg in this case), when I try to scroll to the next file, either up or down, Irfanview indicates I am end of folder. I have tried changing almost all the options for browsing, no luck. This is the first time i've had a problem with Irfanview. Any ideas?

Are there any hidden files in the folder? Set Windows Explorer to show hidden files (the default IIRC).
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

No hidden files. Assorted types: jpg, png, pdf, etc. I tried moving the jpg files to a sepoarate folder, no change.

Comment

Is the folder on your hard drive or on an iPhone?
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

On my computer, Windows 10 64-bit. I had no problems with 4.53, or any earlier version for many years.

Comment

I have no issues on 4.54. When I reach the end of the folder, I can click on Use Folder, to continue browsing the Current Folder from the beginning.

Comment

Just a guess: do you start IrfanView with Admin rights? I assume to open the images with another program is possible.
              Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.66/64
              Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

I just reverted to 4.53 and it behaves the same. Guess the poroblem is my permissions have gotten screwed up. But all I know about them is that they are beyond me. Guess I'll have to look for a Win10 expert.

Comment

Working...
                X