Converting AVI to MOV format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Converting AVI to MOV format

It looks like I can not get InfanView to convert mov files to avi files. I wonder why my Panasonic Camera is capturing in Quick times formats. I would have thought it would capture it as an avi. Oh well where is that Canon it uses the avi format.

Not quite clear whether you mean MOV to AVI or AVI to MOV..
    But it doesn't matter, because IrfanView isn't a video-converter.
    You'll have to find other tools for this, like MediaCoder or JetAudio.
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Hi,

try to use:

"SUPER" from here

steve

Comment

This "SUPER" seems an extremely powerful converter.
        Unfortunately the download speed was extremely slow. So I'll try later again.
        Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Your goal should be to preserve whatever video format there is in the MOV, otherwise you'll lose quality. A video file always consists of Container/Video/Audio (provided that it has audio).

Comment

I am using small programs becouse I have smal HD ( 80gb.)
            For manipulating with video I am using VirtualDub 1.7.7 (1,3mb.) and VirtualDub-MPEG2 (954 kb )
            Of course this programs can also convert files very powerfull with good quality

If you convert file with this programs in second pas of conversion,( you can do also third pass ) the quality is very good, with a small file sizes.
            For example ,after manipulating some DVD I came to 3,9 gb. of that file,and when I converted it in second pass (abou 4 hour of work) I come to 456 mb. of file with very good quality.

That's it...use small programs...

Comment

Open source and small.. I like that.
              What's the practical implementation of the two downloads ? Because I noticed the -MPEG2 one being ver 1.6.19.
              Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

VirtualDub-MPEG2 is a mod that can read MPEG-2 programs. Original vdub can only cope with MPEG-1. This program has some uses with DVD, though far from one click ripper and doesn't open NTSC film without "pulling down" interlace lines. I guess fccHandler had no time to mod and test every new version.

VirtualDub is small because it includes no bundled codecs, apart from built-in decoders for Motion JPEG and DV. Does not need any freaking NET Framework.

Comment

That's a pro, I stumbled upon this 'NET Framework' thing quite frequently lately. And I don't like it.
                  Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

just this to finish with VirtualDub...

VirtualDubMod is based on the famous video editing software VirtualDub by Avery Lee. Born as a unification of several existing modifications, a lot of new features have been added, including support for the matroska container format.

Download VirtualDubMod

Comment

VirtualDubMod seems to be discontinued.

Important features in VirtualDubMod:
                      - MPEG-2 (already available)
                      - Matroska multiplexing and opening, VFW codecs only – no native H.264 or MPEG-2
                      - OGM multiplexing and opening, VFW codecs
                      - AVI multiplexing with several audio streams

Comment

I need a converter to transcode from .avi to .mov. Dose anyone know which sw can work efficiently.

Comment

Working...
                        X