Problem with "Next/Previous" function in Win 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with "Next/Previous" function in Win 10

Was setting up Irfanview for a friend who has Windows 10, and have run into several issues (yes, Win10 does suck), most of which I have managed to solve, but I haven't been able to get the "Next/Previous" arrows to work. They're in the toolbar when I open an image file, but they're grayed out. Is there some backroom trick I have to pull to make those work in Windows 10?

Also, with Win7, when I want to save an image, I just click the disk icon in the upper left in the toolbar, and it automatically saves the image file to the same folder I opened it from. With Win10, it doesn't do that, and the only way to get it to save to the original folder is to click on File>save(original folder). Is there a way to force Win10 to save the file in the original folder by default, so I can just click on the disk icon like I do with Win7?

Thanks for any help y'all can offer!

See Properties/Settings, Browsing/Editing, View other files in folder.

There is no difference between using IrfanView on Windows 10. The Save As toolbar button save the file in the last used folder and with the last used image format. Save (original folder) or Ctrl+S saves in the original format and the original folder. IrfanView protects inexperienced users by making it harder to overwrite original files.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
    X