• Show
Clear All

Crash on Browse with Irfanview

1. In Windows Explorer,
    2. right click on a folder (has some image files in in it),
    3. left click Browse with Irfanview.
    4. Irfanview Browse window opens,
    5. within ~5sec hourglass appears for ~3sec,
    6. pop-up message Irfanview 32 bit has stopped working.
    7. Repeatable.

Note -
    I changed View menu at some point in a previous use of Browse with Irfanview to show details instead of thumbnails. As I remember, that worked Ok for that instance of use, but all subsequent launches of Browse with Irfanview now crash as described above.

What setting in C:\...\AppData\Roaming\IrfanView\i_view32.ini can I edit to return View format to thumbnails ?

Thanks.

BTW, Irfanview version is 4.54
    Last edited by jojomojo; 28.01.2020, 06:58 AM. Reason: add info
    Windows 7 ; Irfanview version 4.54

Open any file in IrfanView with double-click, then open the Thumbnail browser (shortcut t) to change the view options from details to thumbnails.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      Open any file in IrfanView with double-click, then open the Thumbnail browser (shortcut t) to change the view options from details to thumbnails.
      Opening the Thumbnail browser gets the same crash behavior. It won't run long enough to access the View options.

Probably need to directly edit C:\...\AppData\Roaming\IrfanView\i_view32.ini in some way to prevent the crash.

Comment

Move the images to a temporary folder and try to identify which one is causing the crash.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
          Move the images to a temporary folder and try to identify which one is causing the crash.
          It crashes with any image file.

I pointed at an empty folder for Browse with Irfanview. Did not crash. Was able to change View mode to Thumbnails. All is well, sort of.

It crashes with View mode as Details or List when there are files of associated type present ; no crash if View mode as Thumbnails or Tiles.

Comment

To me it seems that either you don't have suffucient memory in your computer or the graphics driver has a problem to render the image.
            Did you update that driver recently? If not it's worth a try.

To return to thumbnails, goto File > Open and then - in the upper toolbar - to the icon that looks like a window and change your setting.
            Last edited by Kuki Dent; 31.01.2020, 12:05 PM.
            Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.66/64
            Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

Originally posted by Kuki Dent View Post
              To me it seems that either you don't have suffucient memory in your computer or the graphics driver has a problem to render the image.
              Did you update that driver recently? If not it's worth a try.

To return to thumbnails, goto File > Open and then - in the upper toolbar - to the icon that looks like a window and change your setting.

It's not a graphics or driver problem. Thumbnails display without problem. Note previous post :
              Originally posted by jojomojo View Post
              It crashes with View mode as Details or List when there are files of associated type present ; no crash if View mode as Thumbnails or Tiles.
              Furthermore, all Irfanview graphics operations on images seem to work Ok.
              Last edited by jojomojo; 04.02.2020, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X