• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved 454 32 W10 Sllideshow EXE displays in wrong position & size

Installed 32 bit 454 & 454 Plugins.

Windows 10

Screen size 2560 x 1440

When I create a 900 x 900 Slideshow and Play it uncentered in Window mode at X=1660 (2560 minus 900) and Y=0,

the Slideshow will Run with the correct size (900x900) and in the correct position (X=1660, Y=0.)

When I save it as EXE, the exe play size is a lot larger and position is mostly off the screen to the right.

Tried redownloading a fresh 454 & Plugins. No change.

Is this a bug? If it was a setting, I'd expect the Run to be incorrect, but it's not. Only the saved EXE displays incorrectly.

This sounds like it may be a Windows scaling issue. What happens if you change the Windows scaling?
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thanks, but I don't know what "a Windows scaling issue" is.

Is this a Windows 10 setting?

I'm assuming if the issue was inside Irfanview, or Slideshow, the problem would be visible on RUN Slideshow, but that works correctly.

The issue happens when I Save as EXE, anf then run the exe. The window size is incorrect, larger, and the position is way off my specified X position.

Comment

Right-click on the desktop to open Display Settings.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Windows Scaling.png
Views:	1
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	83366
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thank you. The display scale is set to "125% (recommended)". The Irfanview Slideshow, Play Slideshow runs correctly at that setting, right place, right size.

i.e., the Slideshow window size and position are both exactly as I've specified. So, I don't see how Windows Scaling could be the issue. If it was, then Play Slideshow would display incorrectly at the current setting, no? And the EXE should produce the same incorrect position and size as Play Slideshow.

The problem arises when I save the Slideshow as an EXE file, which then runs with the wrong size and wrong position. In other words, the slideshow displayed in Play Slideshow, and in the EXE are not the same in size or position.

I don't see how this can be anything but a BUG in Irfanview Slideshow.

Comment

I had hoped for more forum input on this issue.

Has anyone ever experienced the size differential problem between a Play Slideshow size/location and the Save as Exe size and location? I never had, and still don't have, this issue happening with Windows 7 on my laptop. With Windows 10 on my new desktop, the problem happens every time.

Anyone?

Comment

If no one can reproduce the problem, there is not a lot they can offer as feedback.

I created a slideshow of 400x400 at x=200, y=200, and saved it as an exe. It played in the right place on my 1200x1600 monitor as expected.

I attach the slideshow in a zip archive. Play it and tell us where it plays on your monitor.
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, but I have no way to tell the screen position x=200 y=200 on my monitor, except to guess at it.

Can you position the slideshow in the upper right corner?

Are you using Windows 10?

Comment

Press Printscreen and paste the result into IrfanView. My OS is displayed under my avatar. My IV version is in my forum signature because the Admin has not updated the drop list in the profile editor.

Comment

Here's a screenshot of the Slideshow within Irfanview. The Display Multiplier is set to 75%.

Name:	Slideshow in IV.jpg
Size:	351.5 KB
ID:	83374
                    Here's that same Slideshow saved as Exe. No changes made to IV settings.

Name:	Slideshow  as exe.jpg
Size:	515.6 KB
ID:	83375

This is not a bug?

If not, what could cause the radical difference in size? Why is the Display Multiplier setting not shown in the exe?
                    Last edited by efgnow; 09.02.2020, 09:44 AM.

Comment

If you think it is a bug, send a report to the program's author. See Help, About IrfanView. Let us know what he says.

I could not confirm it here.

Comment

The fix for existing Slideshow exe's is:

Name:	High DPI settings.jpg
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	83376

Right click on the exe, Compatibility Tab, check Override High DPI setting.

As I understand it, an update to the plugin will be made available.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Working...
                          X