Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keep current zoom/fit level in Full Screen view?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Keep current zoom/fit level in Full Screen view?

This may be a kind of specialized request, but I thought I'd ask anyway!

I'd like to use IV in Full Screen mode with scanned music pages, so I can use as much of my display as possible (making the music more legible). However, when you switch to Full Screen, IV reverts to the image's actual size (usually much bigger than my laptop's display), no matter what zoom setting I've chosen.

I realize the "Fit to Window" settings are under the menu item "Display options (window mode)"—so obviously you intended those not to apply to Full Screen. But even the normal Zoom and "Lock Zoom" settings are canceled in Full Screen.

Why? Is there something about using the full screen that means the image must also be shown at its actual size? Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see why one should require the other.

Anyway—and sorry if I'm rambling here—it would be great if it were possible, at least optionally, to keep the current view/zoom setting when switching to Full Screen... Is there any reason not to allow this?

It actually seems like something many users would value. For example, if you were doing a presentation, or showing someone an album of images, etc., you could step through the images in Full Screen mode without the distraction of the window elements.

Of course we can make all of our images the same size as our displays—but that seems like unnecessary work here in the 21st century.

Thanks for considering it!

The default fullscreen display options are under Settings, Fullscreen/Slideshow.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      The default fullscreen display options are under Settings, Fullscreen/Slideshow.
      Oh, LOL—that's great, thanks. Sorry I took so much of your time!

Comment

Working...
      X