Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Licensee name requirements for use at work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Licensee name requirements for use at work?

https://www.irfanview.com/eula.htm "Companies and most state organisations need user/device licenses", "If you buy IrfanView user/device license(s), IrfanView hereby grants to you a perpetual, worldwide, fully paid-up, non-exclusive license to use the Software solely for your internal business purposes."
    https://www.irfanview.com/main_what_is_engl.htm "If you intend to use IrfanView (...) for commercial purposes, please register and purchase it"

No further requirements are specified.

Do I understand correctly, that a license registered to my Firstname Lastname is sufficient for use on my workstation at the company I currently work at?
    Or does the current company need to be stated in the licensee name?

I bought the license for that purpose, but the IT dept need convincing that a personal license is fine
    Last edited by mamert; 12.02.2020, 08:55 AM. Reason: + relevant part added

Email the developer, Irfan Skiljan. This is a user-to-user forum, and he does not visit here AFAIK.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

The developer was very fast to respond:

My question: "is a license registered to my Firstname Lastname OK for use on my workstation at the company I currently work at? Or does the current company need to be stated in the licensee name?"

Irfan's answer: "You can use your license anywhere you want, also in a company."

Case closed

Comment

Thank you for letting us know.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
        X