This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved moving amungst CR3 files

Irfanview 4.54, 64 bit, Windows 10 64 bit. And Windows 7 64 bit.
    If I open a JPG file in Irfanview, I am able to move through the folder looking at/editing/saving the photos by using the keyboard arrows or the left/right arrow buttons in the tool bar.

With CR3 files in a folder, if I attempt to go to the next photo in the same way, The arrow buttons in the tool bar do not function (greyed out) and the keyboard arrows bring up the Browse SubFolders dialog box, instead of just opening the next photo.

To open the next CR3 photo, I need to close Irfanview and double click the next photo from the Windows file manager.

A missed setting on my end?
    Thanks,
    Matt

Go to Settings, Extensions, Load Custom File Types, and add CR3 to the list of file types to load while browsing.

Also go to Settings, Plugins, and enable Load Embedded Preview and/or Half sized image if you want to browse at a reasonable speed. RAW image load times can be several seconds, depending on your hardware. See File Info dialog to check the load times. 64-bit is significantly faster than 32-bit for large images. My hardware is old, YMMV.

Click image for larger version

Name:	RAW Image Load Time.png
Views:	1
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	83377
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X