Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved No image showing when loading EPS files with IrfanView 4.54

Hello,

I've used IrfanView for many years to load EPS files: this needs the plugins plus GhostScript installed. I've just set up a new PC, and with IrfanView 4.54 and GhostScript 9.50 I'm not getting anything showing up: just a black IrfanView window. I've tried both 32- and 64-bit versions and got the same. Any idea if this is an IrfanView issue or a GhostScript one?

Joseph

P.S. The EPS files all used to open fine and work with conversion to PDF, for example
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 18.02.2020, 09:33 PM.

I should add that the plugin seems to be working for opening PDFs, and that I can manually convert the EPS at the Command Prompt with GhostScript (using for example the png256 device).

Comment

Try changing your main window colour in Settings, Viewing. Black lines don't show up too well on a black background (~_~)
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Excellent: strange that it used to work ...

Comment

Originally posted by josephwright View Post
          Excellent: strange that it used to work ...
          Maybe other EPS images contained some colour, or you had previously changed the viewing colour.
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
          X