Thread: Copy full folder path to clipboard

IV Newbie

Default Copy full folder path to clipboard

In Irfanview Thumbnails I would like to have a feature to copy the full folder name, from the tree view (left panel), to the clipboard. Like there's one for when you select an image. This would be a huge timesaver for me as I constantly need to use full path on other applications. Right now I have to "Open in Windows Explorer" and then copy the full path and close it again. Tried to AHK and had no luck.

Moderator Enterprise User Bhikkhu Pesala's Avatar
    OS
    64-bit Win 10
    CPU Cores

If your purpose is to open an image in another editor, use the Open in External Editor shortcuts for any image.

Version
    IrfanView 4.51
    OS
    32-bit Win 7 Professional SP1
    CPU Cores

I second this request. I upload images to forums most days and this will save me either the above-mentioned Open-in-Windows-Explorer detour, or else laboriously navigating to the folder in the upload dialogue.
    Last edited by jazzman; 22.02.2020 at 11:31 AM.

IV Newbie

I need the images uploaded through the browser and Irfanview Thumbnais is the best option to navigate and manage (rename essentially) many folders. The fastest way is to provide the browser a full location and hit Ctrl+A to select all images and upload them at once. I do this constantly and most folders are just two images so a feature like that (copy the folder location from the tree pane) would be much appreciated.

Version
    IrfanView 4.51
    OS
    32-bit Win 7 Professional SP1
    CPU Cores

I just noticed that, on right-clicking a thumbnail, the context menu gives 'Copy full filename to clipboard' right at the bottom.
    (It was introduced sometime after 4.38 and present by 4.44)

That helps.

Thread Information