Copy full folder path to clipboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forwarded Copy full folder path to clipboard

In Irfanview Thumbnails I would like to have a feature to copy the full folder name, from the tree view (left panel), to the clipboard. Like there's one for when you select an image. This would be a huge timesaver for me as I constantly need to use full path on other applications. Right now I have to "Open in Windows Explorer" and then copy the full path and close it again. Tried to AHK and had no luck.

If your purpose is to open an image in another editor, use the Open in External Editor shortcuts for any image.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I second this request. I upload images to forums most days and this will save me either the above-mentioned Open-in-Windows-Explorer detour, or else laboriously navigating to the folder in the upload dialogue.
      Last edited by jazzman; 22.02.2020, 12:31 PM.

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

I need the images uploaded through the browser and Irfanview Thumbnais is the best option to navigate and manage (rename essentially) many folders. The fastest way is to provide the browser a full location and hit Ctrl+A to select all images and upload them at once. I do this constantly and most folders are just two images so a feature like that (copy the folder location from the tree pane) would be much appreciated.

Comment

I just noticed that, on right-clicking a thumbnail, the context menu gives 'Copy full filename to clipboard' right at the bottom.
          (It was introduced sometime after 4.38 and present by 4.44)

That helps.

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

Working...
          X