HEIC file support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HEIC file support?

A family member just sent me a link to a bunch of photos taken at their vacation. Unfortunately, most of of them have the .heic extension. I can see them on the website, but when I download them, I cannot see them on my PC. I did a search of this forum. In the New Release Information thread, post #24 about the release of 4.52, says:

• Support for HEIF format (with installed HEVC extensions/codec, see Win10)
    I went to the Microsoft store and I think I downloaded the HEVC codec, but IV still cannot view the files.

What more do I need to do?

Here's a link to one of those photo:

PS: I have IV 4.52. I tried to update that on my profile, but the latest version that is available is 4.51, so that's what I selected.
    Running IV 64 4.52 on Windows 10 with Office 365

This is a democracy (USA) so we have no one to blame but ourselves.

A search with Ecosia found this tip from life-hacker for installing the codecs for free. I don't need it, so have not tested it.

Let us know your results.

Edit your forum signature to include your correct IrfanView version. The site Admin no longer bothers to update the version selection list in the profile editor.
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 13.03.2020, 06:26 AM.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
    X