Thumbnail in large folders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thumbnail in large folders

I have a folder with large amount of images. It would take a long time to generate thumbs for the whole folder even with lowered thumb quality and size.

Is there an option for the thumbnail browser to only generate thumbs that are listed on-screen? So you could scroll to the middle of the folder and not need to wait for it to rendering what was skipped over? Thumbs don't cache so it is wasteful redoing this if when I move back and forth directories.

I also noticed that if you select an unrendered thumb while it is still generating thumbnails, it behaves as if the "Auto-scroll thumbnails during creation" option is checked until it reaches the selection, despite having it turned off. It's easy to notice if you open a directory and hit 'end' so the selection jumps down.
    Using "view">"Refresh selected thumbs" after stopping thumb creation doesn't do anything on unrendered thumbs. I imagined it would attempt rendering them.
    Excuse me if I missed something and thanks.
    Win 7
    Irfanview 4.54 - 64 bit

Select a range of images in the Windows folder and either select Open with IrfanView from the context menu or drag&drop onto your IrfanView icon.
    Then press T to open the Thumbnail view.

Also, if your images are jpgs and have embedded EXIF thumbs, there is an option to use these instead of generating new ones through IV that speeds things up.

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

Originally posted by jazzman View Post
      Select a range of images in the Windows folder and either select Open with IrfanView from the context menu or drag&drop onto your IrfanView icon.
      Then press T to open the Thumbnail view.

Also, if your images are jpgs and have embedded EXIF thumbs, there is an option to use these instead of generating new ones through IV that speeds things up.
      That kinda defeats the purpose if I'm going to use windows instead and can't use Irfanview to browse the whole folder at once. Loading subfolders is a useful feature, but this rather limits it.
      Win 7
      Irfanview 4.54 - 64 bit

Comment

Working...
      X