Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I display a picture on two monitors, one landscape and the other portrait?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I display a picture on two monitors, one landscape and the other portrait?

I have a dual monitor setup, with one in landscape mode and the other turned 90 degrees for portrait mode.

How do I get Irfanview to simply show the current image (in fullscreen) on both monitors without stretching it across them?
    I basically want the same image to be shown twice and each monitor should be unaffected by the other. Pretend I have two separate instances of Irfanview open at the same time, but hotkeys and such work for both simultaneously.

See the thumbnail viewer options menu: Show opened image on second monitor (fullscreen). Does that solve the problem for you?
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I'm going to assume that the thumbnail viewer is supposed to be the normal window with all the buttons and menus? If that is the case, I wasn't able to find said option. The only option regarding monitors that I could find was to stretch the image across monitors, which is not what I want. I just want to see the image twice, one on each monitor.

Comment

The thumbnail viewer is a whole new window (Shortcut T). Select images in the thumbnail viewer on your portrait monitor, and with the suggested option, view them fullscreen on the landscape monitor.

freeware, OpenType, DTP, font-editing, font manager, learning Pali, Character Map, Best Browsers, Screen Capture, Image Viewer, Stitch Panoramas, PDF Editor, PDF Viewer, Archiving, Create Fonts
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I tried your suggestion, but the fullscreen view still shows the image only on one screen. I want it on both, but not stretched across.

Comment

You can also see the image on the portrait monitor. The thumbnail size can be up to 800 x 800 pixels

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dual Monitor View.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	83395

Comment

That's not good enough, I need both sides to be fullscreens.^^

Comment

Working...
              X