use ImageMagick instead of CADImage for SVG rasterization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested use ImageMagick instead of CADImage for SVG rasterization

Just a suggestion, but in my use of both, CADImage seems to break the image or display it super-pixelated at best, and just completely fail to render it at worst. ImageMagick still doesn't allow for infinite scale or CSS rasterization, but it renders the vector correctly at the correct document size most of the time.

Create, Edit, Compose, or Convert Digital Images

I know CADImage is done through a plugin right now, do you think it would be possible to provide ImageMagick through a plugin as well? I'd be happy to attempt to give it a shot pointed in the right direction, although other than some tiny python and javascript apps, and a couple game mods I haven't done much in the way of programming.

Assign ImageMagick as one of the External Editors and use the shortcut to open any image opened in IrfanView in Image Magick.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      Assign ImageMagick as one of the External Editors and use the shortcut to open any image opened in IrfanView in Image Magick.
      I'm not wanting to use ImageMagick for editing, but for viewing. Other Image Editors have used ImageMagick to quickly rasterize and display SVG images. I work with a ton of SVG images, and it's helpful to be able to quickly view them to find out which version is which, but it becomes difficult with irfanview because CADImage does such a poor job with rasterization, so I end up just individually opening dozens of SVGs to try and find the one I need. there are other image viewers I could use (and have used) for viewing, some of which use imagemagick for rasterization and it works great, but at the moment I prefer irfanview, but if my work in SVGs continues to escalate it might get to the point where I just fully switch to them.

Comment

Have you tried Inkscape?

I also found that I can view SVG in my browser (Vivaldi), but that is no use for browsing a folder of images.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
          Have you tried Inkscape?

I also found that I can view SVG in my browser (Vivaldi), but that is no use for browsing a folder of images.
          I... yes I use Inkscape to make SVG images, and I've used both inkscape and my browser to view them, individually, but yes you are correct it is no use for browsing a folder of SVGs. I'd prefer to use Irfanview as it can page through the files very quickly. I've never used Irfanview to edit files, and I'd never expect it to be able to edit vector images. I'm strictly talking improving the way I view SVGs. Currently I do open them up in a browser or Inkscape individually, and it gets messy and takes time. If Irfanview properly rasterized the image, it would make my workflows much easier, and I was asking if it was possible to implement ImageMagick, which from other implementations i've seen, does a very good job at rasterizing vector images.

Comment

Working...
          X