Slideshow currently opened directory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Slideshow currently opened directory

I am surprised this feature is not implemented. I had to register just to mention it and search already submitted requests.

When you open some image file and other images are in same directory. You want to click Sliseshow button and let it slide through all images in current directory.
    No, i do not see such option. Please kindly add it or if it is there, make it much more visible.

I think that the slideshow current directory is what is more obvious thing to do. Not needing to spend precious time stupidly browsing to the right directory. But rather clicking a button or a tickbox to slide current directory.

Not exactly difficult to do either from IrfanView or its Thumbnail Viewer.

Simply add all and start slideshow with selected files.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

if i see how to do it, i would not bother creating this topic. I already said it is time wasting to browse into appropriate directory. Instead of single clicking a button or a checkbox (that is missing apparently).

Comment

Did you not find it yet?

1. Open image
        2. Open Thumbnail Viewer (shortcut T)
        3. Select All (shortcut Ctrl+A)
        4. Right-click, start slideshow with selected images

Click image for larger version

Name:	Slideshow from Thumbnails.png
Views:	1
Size:	278.2 KB
ID:	83399
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

See whether the slideshow button is in the toolbar. If not, check Options --> properties --> toolbar

Alternatively just press w and the slideshow dialog will open with the current directory.

Click image for larger version

Name:	iv_slide.png
Views:	1
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	83400

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

there is option to make it open current directory

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
            • Open Thumbnail Viewer (shortcut T)
            • Select All (shortcut Ctrl+A)
            • Right-click, start slideshow with selected images
            Thank you for the workaround. I hope i will remember it.

Originally posted by jazzman
            press w and the slideshow dialog will open with the current directory.
            in my case it opens last used directory :-/ after i went to Irfan Properties / Miscelaneous / and unticked option "Open Slideshow dialog in last used slideshow folder (or use the current folder)" / click OK. Now after "w" key slideshow dialog opens current directory I think that option should be unticked by default (ti display current directory) as it is more handy/logical, maybe it is like that and i only stupidly ticked it?
            Last edited by postcd; 27.03.2020, 09:58 PM.

Comment

I searched help and found there is a shortcut to start a slideshow with files from the current directory (Shift+A). It is also shown on the View menu. Start/Stop Automatic Viewing.

The Create Slideshow dialogue is not ideal as it remembers the last-used folder.
              Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 27.03.2020, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X