Option to maintain zoom and location between images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Implemented Option to maintain zoom and location between images

One of my primary uses for Irfanview is to view large series of images to check focus. So I tend to zoom in around 200% on a specific area of the image.

I've noticed that between images, it resets to full-view.

Is there currently a way to request Irfanview "lock" the zoom and location zoomed in on? If not, I'd like to submit this as a feature request.

Thanks!
    IrfanView 4.56 - 64-bit (Windows 10 - Latest Build - 64-bit)

see screenshot
    Click image for larger version

Name:	iv_LZ.png
Views:	1
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	83402

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

Please add your IrfanView version number to your forum signature. The latest versions are not available for selection in the forum profile.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Just did. Hope that works. Thanks!

Comment

That feature works per session...neat.

Is there a way to make that setting permanent between sessions?

I process thousands of images, and I spot-check directories. So I click an image, it opens, I like to see the whole thing ("Fit"), then I close it, go down a few pages in Windows Explorer, then click another image. I need that to also "Fit" without me having to reselect that as an option again.

I'd like there to be a setting that persists between sessions, making the default, say, "Fit," although maybe some folks would like the option for it to open 100%, or whatever?

Comment

I also turned on the thread's notification because I totally missed these replies! (Sorry about that.)

Comment

Originally posted by Amarand View Post
              I process thousands of images, and I spot-check directories. So I click an image, it opens, I like to see the whole thing ("Fit"), then I close it, go down a few pages in Windows Explorer, then click another image. I need that to also "Fit" without me having to reselect that as an option again.
              Why close the session? Just use the Thumbnail view to navigate to a new folder.
              Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
              X