Thread: How to View .CRV .CRV3D and .V3M Files

IV Newbie
    Version
    IrfanView 4.51
    OS
    64-bit Win 10
    CPU Cores

Default How to View .CRV .CRV3D and .V3M Files

I can view the images on .CRV .CRV3D and .V3M in windows File explorer but cannot see the images in Irfanview- is it the plugin I am missing or is there something I can do to view those images in your wonderful tool?.

Thank you
    Rick

Moderator Enterprise User Bhikkhu Pesala's Avatar
    OS
    64-bit Win 10
    CPU Cores

These seem to be CAD formats. IrfanView only supports a few common vector formats like AI, EPS, PDF, or SVG with the help of a plugin. See i_plugins.txt in the program files IrfanView folder for details.

IV Newbie
    Version
    IrfanView 4.51
    OS
    64-bit Win 10
    CPU Cores

Default .crv .crv3d .v3m

Quote Originally Posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
    These seem to be CAD formats. IrfanView only supports a few common vector formats like AI, EPS, PDF, or SVG with the help of a plugin. See i_plugins.txt in the program files IrfanView folder for details.
    Thanks for the quick response. Yes these are formats used by Vectric a large CNC software co.(vcarve pro and aspire) The reason I asked, is the images are viewable using windows file explorer and was surprised that Irfanview wasn't able to display them as well .

My Profile shows 4.51 vs 4.54 because that selection is not available for my profile.

Thanks again if you come up with anything please advise. Your Irfanview software is wonderful and I use it quite often for other cad(vector) formats as well as bitmaps....

Thanks again

Rick

Moderator Enterprise User Bhikkhu Pesala's Avatar
    OS
    64-bit Win 10
    CPU Cores

It is not my software. This is just a user-to-user forum, and Irfan Skiljan who is the sole developer does not visit here AFAIK. Someone would have to write a plugin to support CNC files.

Edit your profile signature to add your system specs. The site admin also rarely visits, and has not updated the forum software for the version list in years, in spite of repeated requests.
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 02.04.2020 at 07:09 PM.

Thread Information