Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fit to Desktop - starting from offset on top right corner instead of top left?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Fit to Desktop - starting from offset on top right corner instead of top left?

Hello,

I've found several threads basically saying that if you have zoom mode set to fit to desktop, that Irfanview must start at the top left of the screen. Theoretically, that's not a requirement. I'm talking about viewing images that are larger than the desktop, so have to be scaled down to one of the dimensions.

What I'd like to do is start instead with x=(max-resized_width) and y=0, so that the top right of the image aligns with the top right of the desktop.

Is there a way to do this? I'm not seeing a solution in search.

I doubt if there is any way to do this, and wonder why you need it.

I moved your thread to Feature Requests.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I want/need it because I have tools that run on the left side of the screen and I use them to enter info off the images I'm reviewing. I use the fit-to-desktop exclusively because I need to see the full image (it's like a page scan). Every time I press space (next image) the image will reset to the left top screen, covering my tools. If I could get the image to instead come up on the top right, I would not have my tools covered.

The tools have a more complicated UI and window scheme, whereas irfanview is just a single window so it would be much easier to have irfanview come up on the right instead of me moving all the other app windows to the right.

Comment

Try Fit to Window (Shift+W).
        Position the window at the right edge and resize it horizontally to leave sufficient space for your tools.
        You could manually resize it to the full height of the desktop to maximise the size of portrait images.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
        X