Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Message that file has been deleted successfully?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Message that file has been deleted successfully?

Using version 4.54, when I am looking at a picture that I want to delete, I go to the top and click the red Delete File X. But then nothing happens that I can see. If the file deleted, I don't know that, and I have to come out of Irfanview and go to the folder to see if it did get deleted. Is there a setting for showing a confirmation message when that red X is clicked that the file has been deleted?

Thanks for your help and the program!
    Last edited by leaning; 10.04.2020, 02:01 PM.

Right-click on the Windows Recycle Bin and select Properties. Enable the checkbox if you want to see a delete confirmation dialog.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I'm sorry. That is not what I am asking. Enabling that checkbox pops up a message that says "Are you sure you want to move this file to the Recycle Bin?". And then you have to click Yes or No, but then the same issue happens where it doesn't tell you that it was done.

So, when I click the IV X, I don't want anything to ask the user if they are sure., but I would like the program (or something in Windows like you showed) to say that the operation was done/successful. (like a popup that says "File X deleted".)

I hope that is clearer. Thanks!
      Last edited by leaning; 10.04.2020, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by leaning View Post
        ..., I don't want anything to ask the user if they are sure., but I would like the program (or something in Windows like you showed) to say that the operation was done/successful. (like a popup that says "File X deleted".)

...)
        Either way it is one extra click.

The only other option I can think of is this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	iv_del.png
Views:	1
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	83403
        Last edited by jazzman; 10.04.2020, 02:54 PM.

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

That is perfect! Moving past the image is confirmation at least that something happened. I like that. Thanks, jazzman!

Comment

Working...
          X