No announcement yet.

Can't drag and drop files to Input files list in batch conversion dialog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixed Can't drag and drop files to Input files list in batch conversion dialog

Version:4.54

1.Select [File]-[Batch Conversion/Rename...]
    2.a file from Explorer to the Input files list box

The file is not added to the list box.

No such problem here. I can drag and drop files from Windows Explorer, or within the Batch dialogue itself.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

We had this problem some weeks ago, you might want to search for the thread.
      The solution was to NOT start IrfanView with admin rights.
      Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.66/64
      Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

I haven't added any admin rights, but I can't Drag&Drop

Comment

It reproduces when Language is set to JAPANESE.DLL.
          There is no problem if you return to ENGLISH.DLL.
          Also, DEUTSCH.DLL is no problem.

Comment

I can confirm this bug when Japanese language is enabled.

Please submit a bug report to Irfan Skiljan, and let us know what he says, then I will update the thread.
            Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 27.05.2020, 06:51 AM.
            Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

A reply from Irfan Skiljan
              ---
              This is NOT a bug in IrfanView!
              => think logically.

If this happens with the Japanase DLL only, why
              is this a problem in IrfanView? ;-)

If there is a problem, it is in the language
              DLL=> try to contact the translator.

=> the translator forgot set the File-Box to accept drag&drop files ...

I will try to contact the translator too ;-)
              ----

Comment

Thanks for the update. Let us know if the Translator provides a new Japanese DLL and attach it here for the benefit of other Japanese users.

Comment

I'm sorry.
                  I looked for contact information for the translator, but couldn't find it.

Comment

All I can read is the translator's name in the dialog.

A PDF and an information.txt file are included in the Zip download. If you cannot find anything there, I cannot help as I don't read Japanese.

Comment

I didn't have the contact information, so I translated and built it myself.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks. Did you send a copy to Irfan Skiljan? He does not visit this user-to-user forum.

Comment

A reply from Irfan Skiljan
                          ----
                          Thanks, your DLL is now on my website.
                          ----

Comment

Thanks again. Although it is a bug in the DLL rather than in IrfanView, I tagged the thread as fixed.

Comment

Working...
                            X