Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forwarded Comic Book exchange format - CBZ / CBR

Good morning,

In the world of comic books, the popular exchange formats are CBZ (Comic Book Zipped) and CBR (Comic Book Rarred). Basically, these consist of a numbered list of JPG images packed into a single archive as ZIP/RAR (not sure whether PNGs are supported as well, I haven't come across an example). The extensions CBZ/ZIP and CBR/RAR are exchangeable. Several Comic Book viewers exist (e.g. Cover by French Fry Software). These may have extras like in App purchases, but for simple viewing purposes, Irfanview may just do the trick.

Any chance of Irfanview supporting these formats natively in the future?

Thanks for taking care!

Johan

See this long thread. It was started way back in 2007, with the last reply in 2016. In a reply to Irfan Skiljan said that he had a plugin, but this is still not implemented.

My advice is to use a dedicated comic book viewer.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thanks for considering (again).

Before I posted this thread, I did a search on CBR as well as CBZ and no threads showed up. Did I do something wrong? They are both mentioned in the reference thread...

Best regards,

Johan

Comment

Originally posted by jschrooyen View Post
        Before I posted this thread, I did a search on CBR as well as CBZ and no threads showed up. Did I do something wrong? They are both mentioned in the reference thread...
        The search terms are too short. It must be more than three letters. I used "comic."
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Now that's a better advice than "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

Thanks for the tip!

Johan

Comment

Working...
          X