No announcement yet.

I can't use arrows to jump to next file on my Network-attached storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no bug I can't use arrows to jump to next file on my Network-attached storage

When using the disks on my PC, I can use the arrows to jump from one file to the next one. This doesn't work when I open a file directly on my Network Drive: the arrows are greyed.

If I run IrfanView and use "File" then "Open" I can see the network and the Network Drive, and also access the directories but I can't see any RAW file (CR2 or CR3), only JPG.

Any mistake or any idea?
    thanks...
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 25.04.2020, 07:16 PM.

seems to be a bug...

Originally posted by rsp View Post
    When using the disks on my PC, I can use the arrows to jump from one file to the next one. This doesn't work when I open a file directly on my Network Drive: the arrows are greyed.
    If I run IrfanView and use "File" then "Open" I can see the network and the Network Drive, and also access the directories but I can't see any RAW file (CR2 or CR3), only JPG.
    Any mistake or any idea?
    thanks...
    I've tried to understand: if I browse a directory with only CR2, no problem. If I add a CR3 file in this directory, when I begin with a CR2 file, the arrows are active and I can browse every file but the CR3. If I begin with the CR3, I can use the arrows and see the CR2 but, when the loop is finished, I do not access the CR3, it is skipped and it goes back to the first CR2.
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 25.04.2020, 07:15 PM. Reason: Replaced acronyms with readable English

Comment

I have never used a Network drive. I read somewhere that access can be slow, and RAW files can be huge.

File Open will list only files of the selected type: *.jpg will only show JPG images. Common graphic files won't show RAW images. Use *.* all files to make sure you list them all.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

What IrfanView version are you using?
        What kind of storage device are you accessing: Camera, Smartphone?(Android,...), card reader, other?

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

Thanks for this.
          With the previous version of IFV it was ok. My NAS is connected through a gigabit ETHERNET link and access is quite fast.

Comment

4.54 64 bit
            my device is a NAS and it was working before the upgrade from 4.51. though I couldn't open CR3 files.
            Last edited by rsp; 25.04.2020, 08:55 PM.

Comment

I can only suggest forwarding a bug report to Irfan Skiljan. Without the required hardware it would be impossible to reproduce, but he might have some ideas on things to test.

Let us know if you forward the report and what the reply was, then I will update the thread.
              Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
                I can only suggest forwarding a bug report to Irfan Skiljan. Without the required hardware it would be impossible to reproduce, but he might have some ideas on things to test.

Let us know if you forward the report and what the reply was, then I will update the thread.
                It is not a bug, but a mistake from myself, I added CR3 in "properties...extensions" in the wrong place (second line, at the end of the list, not 1st line).

Thanks to Irfan for his quick answer (and not just writing "read the FAQ" I had already read but misunderstood).
                rsp
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X