No announcement yet.

Load all in Slide show often loads duplicates of every file in the list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pending Load all in Slide show often loads duplicates of every file in the list

Hi,
    This is a brilliant program.
    However for some time now when I select load all in slide show mode it loads a duplicate of every file.. The attached screen shots show.. from the Converted folder it loads duplicates but the final folder doesn't.
    The converted folder has 163 files the Final folder has 32

This never used to happen in the past , I have just been selecting all in windows and then hitting select to get around the problem but now having more spare time decided to report it

Thanks
    Richard
    Attached Files

Probably you have added the files twice. Just clear all and then add all again.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Double loading

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      Probably you have added the files twice. Just clear all and then add all again.
      Hello,
      No I did not load them twice That is exactly why I attached the screen shots ,,, it would be helpful if you looked at them first

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by Richardp View Post
        Hello,
        No I did not load them twice That is exactly why I attached the screen shots ,,, it would be helpful if you looked at them first

Richard
        You're making yourself difficult to help. Of course I looked at the screen shots. The files are not duplicated in the folder; they are duplicated in the slideshow list. There are good reasons why someone might wish to show the same image of several image twice or more during a slideshow.

What happens if you do as I suggest? Clear all, then add all again?

My best guess is 1) you are double-clicking the Add All button because you got into the habit of double-clicking single files to add them, or 2) you have a mouse with dirty contacts. If it is not the former reason, try cleaning your mouse, or try a different mouse.
        Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 02.05.2020, 08:18 AM.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
          You're making yourself difficult to help. Of course I looked at the screen shots. The files are not duplicated in the folder; they are duplicated in the slideshow list. There are good reasons why someone might wish to show the same image of several image twice or more during a slideshow.

What happens if you do as I suggest? Clear all, then add all again?

My best guess is 1) you are double-clicking the Add All button because you got into the habit of double-clicking single files to add them, or 2) you have a mouse with dirty contacts. If it is not the former reason, try cleaning your mouse, or try a different mouse.
          Hello, neither of those appear to be the case Click image for larger version

Name:	Irfanview film noir.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	213.5 KB
ID:	83426

If you can see the new screen shot I uploaded the only one not double added is film noir.jpg . If it was my double clicking you would expect there to be two copies of film noir.jpg wouldn't you ?

Comment

OK. Now I can reproduce the bug.

* The JPEG images are added twice
            * The JPG images are added once

Please send a bug report to Irfan Skiljan. See Help, About IrfanView for his email.
            Let us know when you have, and then what his response is, and I will update the thread.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Added JPEG Twice.png
Views:	1
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	83427

Comment

Hi,
              Here is Irfan's response, I expect he will announce an update

Yes, the filter uses: JPG, JPEG and JPE ... but Windows will also find a JPEG with JPE

I added a workaround ... to check for same filename before inserting it (no duplicates).
              He sent me a test version with the update and I confirmed that the problem has been resolved

Regards
              Richard

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. You could attach the test.zip to the forum in case anyone needs this.

Comment

Working...
                X