Cache thumbnails of images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cache thumbnails of images

Hello, I'm trying to use IrfanView as an image viewer because it seems fast and recognizes the formats that interest me, but it seems to me that it doesn't keep thumbnails of the images and therefore every time I open a folder I go to recreate them thus losing a lot of time.

Also I cannot find a way to view only the preview of the images and therefore makes me also view the other files contained in the folder. In the options I can't find a way to solve the 2 problems ....
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 22.05.2020, 03:51 PM. Reason: Clarified thread title and fixed typos

1. Caching of thumbnails has been requested several times. Feel free to email Irfan Skiljan (see Help, About IrfanView for his email).
    2. Try disabling loading of non-image file types in Settings, Extension, Custom file types. There are loads of supported file types, so use a text editor to delete those you don't want. Don't the delete the | separators.

JPG|JPEG|JPE|GIF|BMP|DIB|TIF|TIFF|PNG|PCX|TGA|PCD| SUN|RAS|ICO|AVI|IFF|PPM|PGM|PBM|LBM|WMF|EMF|WAV|PS D|MPG|MPE|MPEG|MID|RMI|MOV|CUR|ANI|DCX|EPS|CLP|CAM |G3|AIF|AU|SND|PSP|PSPIMAGE|ICL|SFW|KDC|RA|MP3|DCM |ACR|FPX|XBM|XPM|DJVU|SWF|FLV|IMG|IW44|WBMP|SGI|RG B|RLE|MED|RLE|SFF|JP2|JPC|J2K|JPF|CRW|B3D|WMA|WMV| TTF|SID|MNG|JNG|RAW|ECW|ASF|TXT|WAD|ICS|IDS|CDR|CM X|NEF|NRW|ERF|ORF|RAF|MRW|DCR|X3F|SRF|ARW|PEF|RW2| RWL|SRW|MOS|3FR|OGG|DWG|DXF|DDS|JPM|PLT|CR2|CR3|DN G|PS|PDF|AI|CGM|SVG|DCM|HDR|FITS|HDP|WDP|JXR|EXR|W SQ|JLS|WBZ|WBC|MP4|MKV|MTS|M2TS|TS|M2T|M4V|3GP|VOB |MPO|PDN|XCF|WEBP|WEBM|HEIC|AVIF|DPX|CIN|FLIF|FLAC |
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thanks for the reply

Comment

Working...
      X