Changing the clipboard folder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing the clipboard folder

Hi guys! I've searched everywhere (in the app and on this forum + in Google) but nothing helped. On my previous PC, when I was copying a clipboard in Irfanview, it was copied in JPEG. For example: I copy a part of an image and paste it directly in Messenger (any of them). JPEG takes less space and has a good quality.
    Now, when I'm copying an image, it goes to the clipboard in PNG. The images of the same quality take, for example, not 25 Mb, as they would do in JPEG, but 50 Mb. And this is a real tragedy for messengers, they upload one picture very slow. What's more, if there is a limit, I can do nothing - as some clipboards exceed the limit. PNG is the least desirable format unless I make a clipboard of text.

I'm missing those times it made clipboards in JPEG. Can I switch this in preferences? I haven't found anything concerning formats of clipboards.
    Could you please help me? Sorry if someone already had asked this question, I didn't find any threads on this here.

Thank you in advance!

Are you still using version 4.44? The current version is 4.54.

As far as I know, IrfanView has always stored images as Device Independent Bitmaps in RAM. Perhaps you had a clipboard manager that converted them to JPG?
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      Are you still using version 4.44? The current version is 4.54.

As far as I know, IrfanView has always stored images as Device Independent Bitmaps in RAM. Perhaps you had a clipboard manager that converted them to JPG?
      Thank you very much for the reply and recommendation. I've installed the 4.54 version

It's weird, as I haven't ever use clipboard managers. My sister is encountering the same issue with formats - earlier we had JPEG instead of PNG, even on Win 10 as well. So, it depends not on the Irfanview app, right? I thought there is an option for managing this. Maybe I should look for that in the Windows itself (maybe they had updates changing clipboard formats)

Comment

I tested with the oldest version I have, which is 4.37, and the result is the same.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
          I tested with the oldest version I have, which is 4.37, and the result is the same.
          Thanks! It seems to me that it's a new Windows feature which comes with updates on Win 10. So, will do everything via the Save as menu.
          Thanks for help!

Comment

Working...
          X