scan 2 images into a single file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

scan 2 images into a single file

Hi everyone, I tried to seek help in the forum history, but I was not successful.
    I need to scan the front and back of a few thousand postcards with dimensions of 14x9 cm. I need to save each postcard in a single file, which I will rename by hand. Given the size of the postcard, I think it is perhaps possible to obtain two images in one file. I wish it was something simple, because I have to do it many times. I tried to scan each side individually and save it in a separate file, but then I was unable to "Merge" the two files into a single file ...
    Is it possible with Irfanview? The installed version is 4.54 and OS is Windows 7 Professional SP1
    The saving format is indifferent..PDF or JPG will be fine.
    Thanks in advance.
    Ciao Sante
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 25.05.2020, 11:16 AM. Reason: email address removed to deter spammers

Create Panorama image should work for you.

Create contact sheet may be even better as you can add text captions for filename etc.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Wow! Thanks for the help and the timeliness in the answer: it was exactly what I was looking for! I solved it with "Panorama Image". One photo under the other ... Vertical option

So, if I understand correctly, I must first scan the two sides of the postcard separately, always save them separately in two files and then create the final image with "Panorama Image" .... right?

Is it not possible to start the scan and put the two images already in the "Panorama" position? I start the scanner from Irfanview ... Acquire / Batch scanning
      Thanks again!
      Ciao
      Sante

Comment

You cannot scan both sides of the same postcard in one scanning operation. That is the problem. You could scan the front of two or four postcards, then split them to separate files; likewise with the backs. If you name the files carefully then you can join the fronts and backs on multiple pages of contact sheets in one operation.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Multiple Pages of Contact Sheets.png
Views:	1
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	83435

Click image for larger version

Name:	Food_01.jpg
Size:	392.5 KB
ID:	83436Click image for larger version

Name:	Food_04.jpg
Size:	565.7 KB
ID:	83437
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thanks for the help you provide. No, I don't think I can, because every postcard has to have a different name. My skills are limited and even if I have been using IrfanView for more than 10 years I have always used it to its minimum potential and mainly as the only viewer of every type of image on my computer, as well as as a scanner interface. However, I'm very happy to have solved the main problem that was having two images in the same file and this Irfanview does it very well. My work will certainly be slower, but finally feasible!
          Thanks again!
          Sante

Comment

Working...
          X