Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Split images

Good afternoon.

I am new to the use of the program, but for what I have already done and tried, I have to thank the quality of the program.

The question I was going to ask you was related to the separation of images and the renaming of the separate images (alias - split and rename) but in an automatic way

I have a folder with a few hundred images each composed by 5 strips according to the image attached.

I have created a file type "bat", in which I do the separation and rename of the 5 strips as info below, but changing every time I do a separation makes the work repetitive and time-consuming.

bat file
    pause

"C:\Programas\IrfanView\i_view32.exe" "C:\temp\Captain Easy 520211-15.jpg" /crop=(47,45,697,230) /convert="C:\temp\Captain Easy 520211.jpg" /killmesoftly

"C:\Programas\IrfanView\i_view32.exe" "C:\temp\Captain Easy 520211-15.jpg" /crop=(47,279,697,230) /convert="C:\temp\Captain Easy 520212.jpg" /killmesoftly

"C:\Programas\IrfanView\i_view32.exe" "C:\temp\Captain Easy 520211-15.jpg" /crop=(47,505,697,230) /convert="C:\temp\Captain Easy 520213.jpg" /killmesoftly

"C:\Programas\IrfanView\i_view32.exe" "C:\temp\Captain Easy 520211-15.jpg" /crop=(47,725,697,230) /convert="C:\temp\Captain Easy 520214.jpg" /killmesoftly

"C:\Programas\IrfanView\i_view32.exe" "C:\temp\Captain Easy 520211-15.jpg" /crop=(47,947,697,230) /convert="C:\temp\Captain Easy 520215.jpg" /killmesoftly

pause

The images are all "JPG" with the same dimensions

They haves different names, for example -> "Captain Easy 520211-15.jpg"

And the renaming would be:

Captain Easy 520211
    Captain Easy 520212
    Captain Easy 520213
    Captain Easy 520214
    Captain Easy 520215

I wonder if someone could help me.

Thank you so much in advance for your possible help.

Ar
    Attached Files

It is a lot easier to use Save Image Tiles from the Options menu.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Save Image tiles.png
Views:	1
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	83443
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

First thank you for your help.

I think version version 4.23 does not have that possibility.

I am going to try ti install version 4,54.

Thank you

Comment

As mentioned before, I appreciate your answer, but the Export Image Tiles option, which appears in version 4.54 doesn't exactly do what I want, because the spaces between the various strips are not always the same, and sometimes ends up cutting part of the image.

I'll wait to see if someone gives me an idea how to build a bat file that can sequentially read the images and divide them.

Thanks a lot any way.

Comment

It works fine for me with your image, but you need to crop the top/bottom margins first. Then the strips are all the same height.

Name:	Clipboard_1x1.jpg
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	83445Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard_2x1.jpg
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	83446Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard_3x1.jpg
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	83447Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard_4x1.jpg
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	83448Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard_5x1.jpg
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	83449
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Really the program is very good.
            I had some difficulty in making the "Export Image Tiles" option for a 5 images test set,

First I removed the top and bottom edges with the Batch Conversion - advance option - Auto Crop borders.

Then I went to the Thumbnails option, selected the 5 thumbnails and chose the "Export Image Tiles from selected files" option. (because in the Batch Conversion I didn't find that possibility)

I think this is the best way to do it, and your indications were extremely useful.

Thanks a lot
            Ar

Comment

I think autocrop borders will reduce top/bottom margins to zero.

What you really want it top/bottom margins = half row spacing.

Comment

How? sorry don't find it

Comment

I just made a selection by eye, but to do it precisely use a custom selection.

Cropped to no top/bottom margins the five strips would be 1097 pixels high with 28 pixel gaps between rows.

Name:	No Margins.png
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	83450

So, you need to add top/bottom margins of 14 pixels = half of the row gaps. Subtract 14 from the Y offset, and add 28 to the selection height.

Name:	Margins equal to half gaps.png
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	83451

If all pages are the same size, and all with five equal rows then you can use a batch job for the first crop, then manually split each cropped sheet to five rows.

Comment

Once again I thank you for your invaluable help and above all for your patience.

However, your last information takes me to an insane work of image to image separation (last phase), to give you an idea, if counting 20 years of images with, on average, 70 images per year would give in having to separate 1400 images manually.

The process that with your precious help I glimpsed leads me to achieve in two steps the desired, adding a third step that will be to resize the images to the usual size of the comics strips.

A very special thank you.
                    Ar

Comment

Working...
                    X