X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Open HEIC

Hello all,

I am trying to figure out how to open HEIC files with irfanview. The instructions say to install the HEIF Image Extensions but I am on Windows 7 and can not do this. Is there any other way?

install CopyTrans HEIC for Windows , Done!
    Install this free plugin to view and convert heic files on your Windows PC. Compatible with Windows Photo Viewer. No Internet connection required.

this is HEIC/HEIF system decoding component
    works on Win 7/10 32bit and 64bit
    Last edited by 0p3n; 28.06.2020, 04:05 PM.

Comment

I have a 'new to me' iPhoneSE 2020.

I've downloaded 'copytransheic' and I can use it in the "drag'n'drop" mode, but I was hoping for a method that automatically gave me jpg photos when I download them to my PC using Windows Explorer but leaves the HEIC format images on the iPHone.

Using the "drag'n'drop" mode leaves both formats when the images are downloaded, cluttering my data drive with 2 copies of the image.

Is there a project launched (at Microsoft and/or Irfanview) that will allow us to open HEIC images with no loss of resolution?

The thread that brought me here

suggests that using 'copytransheic' via "drag'n'drop" mode may degrade the image.

Is this true?

thanks,
      baumgrenze

Comment

Hi, since your computer is Windows 7, you need to ask for help from a pro tool to help you to open HEIC pictures, you can ask for help from CopyTrans HEIC, iMazing HEIC Converter, Coolmuster HEIC Converter, etc. Such tool can help you do that easily. Most of them are free to try. Hope this will be your help.

Comment

Working...
        X