Showing Metadata of MP3 Files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Showing Metadata of MP3 Files

Hi, opening audio files shows a button (pop up window) on where display if clicked some metadata of the mp3, like artist genere album.

As known it work perfectly I installed it on different laptops and I don't know how to make it work.
    I edited the metadata with 3 programs and main from windows.

It would be a good feature opening mp3 shows the image and the tags are visible too.

Kind regards
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 13.06.2020, 11:21 PM. Reason: Poor Thread Title

This does not seem like a bug. Perhaps it should be a feature request, but I am not sure what the problem is, so I have moved it to the Support forum for now.

Are you using the Internal media player or the plugin? For me, an MP3 shows only the file length if I click the Information button when using the plugin and nothing if using the internal player.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Media Player Plugin.png
Views:	1
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	83456

Click image for larger version

Name:	Internal Media Player.png
Views:	1
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	83455
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I don't quite understand what you mean by "tags." It is also imperative for me to find a solution to this issue shortly since, at my job as a video director, my client asked me to duplicate all the videos and make an audio file out of them. I have a lot of gigabytes of data there, and I can't use converters by type https://convertr.org/audio-converter since you need to download files separately, which will take a lot of time. I have to do this by the end of next week so that any advice would be very appropriate. I will be very grateful to you if someone responds to my comment
      Last edited by mykeernst; 11.12.2021, 06:39 PM.

Comment

IrfanView doesn't support ID3 tags and probably won't. IrfanView is a picture viewer, not media player. The media playback capabilities are just supplementary.

Originally posted by mykeernst View Post
        my client asked me to duplicate all the videos and make an audio file out of them.
        As a professional you should be aware of basic tools and software. There are lots of guides on the internet how to extract audio from video files. My tool of choice would be ffmpeg.
        My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

Working...
        X