Reported Picture not in Center when "Fit to Height" in View menu

Version 4.54 - 64-bit

My View setting:

View -> Display Options (window mode)->

* Fit images to window height
    * Use Resample for fitting
    * Use Resample for zooming

* Center image in window - NOT WORKING

When using "Fit images to windows height" in the ZOOM roll-out menu (toolbar),
    it actually does center the image (In the roll-out, Images should be spelled Image,
    without an "s" since it's only working for current image.)

I made a short video to visualize the problem. First you see the Center setting is not working.
    Then you see the Center setting working when using the Zoom roll-out, but that does not stick
    when changing window size, or when going to next picture:

Related:
    I'm also missing a "Lock Zoom permanently" (like a permanent zoom that will stick until changed,
    without resetting when closing the app). That way I could have the perfect zoom without adjusting
    it with the window height. A "Lock Zoom"-button beside the "Zoom amount"-window in the tool bar
    would be perfect!

Cheers
    Last edited by Eagleizer; 18.06.2020, 10:08 PM. Reason: Fixed line length mess
    Irfan View 4.54 64 bit. Win7 x64 Ultimate. Screen resolution: 3 screens 7680x1440
    More than 200 World Records in DiRT Rally and DiRT Rally 2.0. Watch in 4K 60FPS here:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Eagleizer/videos

All working fine here.

Low quality videos are a waste of time . Post still PNG screenshots.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Display Options.png
Views:	1
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	83458

Settings, Viewing, Put the Window in the Middle of the Screen
    View Menu, Display Options, Centre (smaller) images in Window
    View menu, Lock Zoom (only saved for current session).
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      All working fine here.

Low quality videos are a waste of time . Post still PNG screenshots.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5873[/ATTACH]

Settings, Viewing, Put the Window in the Middle of the Screen
      View Menu, Display Options, Center (smaller) images in Window (typo fixed by OP)
      View menu, Lock Zoom (only saved for current session).
      Video is Full HD!... You need to set your YouTube viewing resolution to 1080p.

From your explanation, it seems you did not quite understand the problem,
      and I don't understand what you are trying to explain.

I have no option called "Center (smaller) images in Window" in the Display Options.
      You can see that in the video.

I am aware of the lock function, but that is not a solution as the whole point is to avoid
      having to fiddle around in the menus every time I open an image.

Also, I cannot have window in the middle of the screen, as it will cover what else I'm working on.
      It also have NOTHING to do with the behavior of "Center image in window" option.
      I need to have the window on my left screen so I can work on my middle and right screen.

So as I explain in my OP, the "Center image in window" option is not working, which is a BUG.

BTW: What did you do to my formatting? Reading long lines is a PITA and goes against all rules
      in typography. Please fix it back to readable version as I posted. I will not be known for writing
      long lines without enter like some un-educated slob. That's not the kind of person I am..

Cheers
      Irfan View 4.54 64 bit. Win7 x64 Ultimate. Screen resolution: 3 screens 7680x1440
      More than 200 World Records in DiRT Rally and DiRT Rally 2.0. Watch in 4K 60FPS here:

Comment

Please read the sticky on Before You Post to make sure we know if you're using the latest version. You can see the display options clearly in my screen shot.

I edited your post to change 65 bit to 64-bit. I don't recall editing the formatting. You can edit your own posts here.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Please read the sticky on Before You Post to make sure we know if you're using the latest version. You can see the display options clearly in my screen shot.

I edited your post to change 65 bit to 64-bit. I don't recall editing the formatting. You can edit your own posts here.
          The latest version that is available in my profile is 4.51. So choosing that will do nothing but make confusion.

Name:	Latest versions of Irfan view is missing in Profile settings.jpg
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	83462

I already informed that I use version 4.54. It is at the very top of my first post.
          I don't see how you could miss that since you edited 65 to 64 in that information.

Name:	Irfan 4.54 x64 - About.PNG
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	83461

And you can se MY display options clearly in my video.

I use Win7 Ultimate x64. I have not messed around much with other settings from Default,
          maybe that is why your menu looks different from mine.

But I don't see how any of this is taking the software anywhere. The BUG is clearly
          demonstrated in the video. If anything in the video is unclear, I'll try to explain further,
          although the explanation to the video in my OP pretty much explains it all.

Let me repeat with some additional information:

First you see the Center setting is not working. The image is a screenshot from Steam of
          the Leaderboard in DiRT Rally 2.0. Since I use 3 screens, the screenshot is 3 screens wide,
          7680x1440 pixels. The Leaderboard is in the center of the image, but as you can see in the
          beginning of the video, it opens scrolled to the left, showing mostly what was captured on
          the left screen. If the Center setting was working, it should have shown the Leaderboard.

Next in the video, I am just demonstrating what I would expect the Center setting to do,
          if it was working. As I explained:

Then you see the Center setting working when using the Zoom roll-out, but that does not
          stick when changing window size, or when going to next picture.

And of course, it will not remember that view next time I open a screenshot, which is the
          whole point.

Cheers

Comment

I cannot reproduce your issue, nor your Display Options menu. (Perhaps you're using an old Language DLL?)

Here, images fit to the window height and centre in the IrfanView window as set in the View, Display Options menu.

I moved your thread to Bug Reports. See the sticky thread for how to report bugs.
            Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 19.06.2020, 07:20 AM.

Comment

I cannot reproduce your issue, nor your Display Options menu. (Perhaps you're using an old Language DLL?)

Here, images fit to the window height and centre in the IrfanView window as set in the View, Display Options menu.

I moved your thread to Bug Reports. See the sticky thread for how to report bugs.
              OK. Thanks!

You have not listed that you use 64 bit yourself... Does that mean you use 32 bit?
              If so, it could explain why you don't see the BUG and have different UI...

Cheers

Comment

I keep both versions installed, and check using 64-bit if people report issues with 64-bit. Both have the same menu for Display options.

The 32-bit version is recommended as all plugins work with it. The 64-bit version loads large images faster. I associate RAW formats with 64-bit.

Comment

Working...
                X