Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Update image (jpg) from MS Access

Hello.
    I am using MS Access to open jpg files in IrfanView 32 bit 4.42 and/or 64 bit 4.5
    This all works as desired.

But I would like to know if I can refresh the image in IrfanView ... instead of closing the image then opening from the Access code again with the new image.

Asking here first to see if irfanView has this functionality before trying to sort some code.
    I have looked at Hotfolder(watchfolder) and although this might be similar it would require the moving of files into a new folder ... which I would prefer not to do (three thousand and counting).

Unless of course it is possible to do the move to Hotfolder, view, then delete on refresh by new image being moved into folder.
    Paul

What happens if you use Reopen on the File menu?
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      What happens if you use Reopen on the File menu?
      Thank you "Bhikkhu Pesala".

I would be trying to open a new/different image in the same instance of IrfanView so 'reopen' would not work?
      And I would like to do this from MS Access code by asking IrfanView to load a new image file in to the current/existing instance and drop the image currently in view.
      i have IrfanView as the default program for JPGS and so the following line from MS Access opens an image...
      Application.FollowHyperlink CurrentProject.Path & "\imageswing" & [boxlogpagepic].Value & ".jpg"
      All this does is take the filename from a form control and adds it to a path which in turn is created by the MS Application folder path ...
      ...so Irfanview just gets a file name and path to open .. which it does so correctly.

Would like now to send a different file name (image) to the same instance of Irfanview ....
      Saves closing current instance to stop a complete logjam of IrfanView instances ....
      Thanks
      Paul

Comment

Solved

You gave me an idea ...
        If I set both versions of IrfanView to only one instance ...
        I get what I wanted.

SOLVED.
        Thanks for pointing me in right direction.

Comment

Working...
        X