Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Bookmark/Favorites" mode for browsing/scrolling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested "Bookmark/Favorites" mode for browsing/scrolling?

I think it would be beneficial to have a bookmark/favorites mode available for browsing through folders. Maybe there can be a checkbox/option to have on/off on normal browsing including everything in the folder or a mode that allows only favorites/bookmarked images/files to be shown by irfanview and the rest ignored. If it already exist, sorry and I would love to be informed on how to take advantage of it.

All can be done with existing commands.

• In browsing mode, press shortcut "x" to tag images that you like
    • Press shortcut "Shift X" to untag them
    • Press shortcut Shift+Q to display the tagged images in the thumbnail view
    • The move the files to a favourites folder

On the File Open dialog, Open the recent folders drop list to browse your favourite folders.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      All can be done with existing commands.

• In browsing mode, press shortcut "x" to tag images that you like
      • Press shortcut "Shift X" to untag them
      • Press shortcut Shift+Q to display the tagged images in the thumbnail view
      • The move the files to a favourites folder

On the File Open dialog, Open the recent folders drop list to browse your favourite folders.
      Thank you for the reply and as soon as I started this thread, I ended up learning about what you just explained. I still find it a bit lacking in the sense that it seems like to take advantage of viewing the "x"ed files, I can't be in regular browsing mode. Looks like I have to be in either slideshow mode or thumbnail view? And also a big annoyance is that the "x"ed files lose their mark after each session (Irfanview is closed). Would be great if they can be remembered. Not necessarily to alter the file (because I don't want that either), but maybe to put the "x" in some kind of central file where it keeps track and this data can be easily fetched from that file (only if it exists) and re-apply it when Irfanview is opened again.

Comment

Working...
      X