Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Installing IrfanView from a command-line as a standard user without invoking UAC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing IrfanView from a command-line as a standard user without invoking UAC?

I would like to install IrfanView from a script that runs behind the scenes (without the user noticing). The command i'm using is

iview454_x64_setup.exe /silent

When i run that from a command-prompt, User Account Control (UAC) prompts the user to allow changes to their device. Is there a way to run the installer as a standard-user without invoking UAC? Or is there a way to run the installer in another context/method that allows the install to happen within the user's session?

If install isn't possible without user input in the UAC prompt, can we upgrade and existing installation to a newer version without UAC taking notice? Assume that i already installed IrfanView manually as an admin and have approved the changes to the device. If i run the command above with the /silent switch, will UAC still need to request approval?

How are others pushing out updates to IrfanView? and not having the user notice anything nor need to have the admin login to the device? Thank you in advance!

If you're a commercial user then you need licenses for your organisation. Then you can email Irfan Skiljan directly for support.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      If you're a commercial user then you need licenses for your organisation. Then you can email Irfan Skiljan directly for support.
      Thank you. I will open another thread about licenses as i am unfamiliar with how the product is licensed.

If anyone has any suggestions or experiences with installing IrfanView when the user is not an admin and UAC is enabled, definitely let me know how you did that.

Comment

Working...
      X