Command-line install options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Command-line install options

When installing IrfanView from a command-line, are there any options that prevent UAC from being triggered or prompting the user for approval? I'm guessing the installer is making changes in places that Windows deems protected? Maybe with the command-line switches we can redirect the install to a safer location or use a more supported/secure approach? Thank you in advance!

Licensing and support?

Does IrfanView have any licensing options that include maintenance and support? I've always assumed it was a free product that you could support voluntarily with donations, but someone recently recommended we purchase commercial licenses in order to get support from the developer/company. If so, how does that work? Are there any resources, website pages, or information you can point me to? Thank you!

Comment

The feedback forum is for feedback about this forum. Why not just ask me directly? The EULA can be found on the official IrfanView website.

1a) IrfanView is free for educational use (schools, universities, museums, libraries, national park services) and for use in charity or humanitarian organisations.
      1b) If you intend to use IrfanView at your place of business or for commercial purposes, please register and purchase it.
      Commercial users: please contact me by E-Mail for prices, discounts and payment methods.

The support provided on this user-to-user forum is provided by other users in their free time.
      The Admin rarely visits; I visit daily, but the other moderators not so often. We tried to get more moderators from among the more experienced users, but no one volunteered so far.

Voluntary donations can be made by home users of the free version. Since I live on charity, I spend a few minutes of my time to support users daily instead. I know nothing about setting up software by Admins for multiple clients.
      Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 02.07.2020, 08:32 PM.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
      X